Post #1

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 14
Writer of: Newbie to Writing
Referred By:Lori

Good Morning all!

It's again come time to do the major server maintenance work (security patches, operating system upgrades, that kind of thing). Because of the extensive nature of this work the forum and website will be offline ("Page cannot be displayed) tomorrow, Mar 24 2013, starting around 7AM Eastern (11A GMT) for up to four hours. Hopefully less! We'll see how this one goes...

Thank you for your understanding and apologies for any inconvenience.

I'll post a note in this thread when I'm done.

Thanks and take care!

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 23 13, 12:17
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

thanks.gif Peter and good luck!

~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Imhotep
post Mar 24 13, 10:14
Post #3

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Hi all!

The visible work from this upgrade should be all set now. Gnomes continue tinkering in the background..

Thanks again and enjoy!

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

Imhotep
post Mar 25 13, 18:16
Post #4

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Hi all!

Apologies for the outage this evening from ~6p to ~7:15p Eastern. An upgrade that shouldn't have done anything followed Mr. Murphy and went quite haywire and crashed the system. Took me a little bit to clean it up.

Shouldn't be any more visible things, although it does appear the program that handles the site's email is having some issues today. Still working on that... rolleyes.gif

·······IPB·······

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 14 13, 13:14
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Peter - HELP - you must have changed an FTP setting.

I can no longer edit a reply or send a PM today in either IE or FF...

Please advise.
L

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 14 13, 13:35
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Peter - I sent you an email earlier this morning. HELP

I thought it was my Gateway machine but I compared all settings to my laptop and then tried to edit a post and send a PM and now that doesn't work on the laptop either as of this morning. They were fine yesterday. Did you make any changes? I did all sorts of stuff today that was likely not necessary (reinstalling IE for example). It seems like an FTP thing?

When I try to use Edit > full edit in a post I get the white page IE error. BUT if I use quick edit it works. I also just explained all this to you in a PM and when I clicked send to you I also got the same error. Something with my FTP side firewall setting or with the forum ??? It seems to be getting worse as now some things I cannot use (like 'reply').

Can you help me please? THX
Lori

IE error (also same with firefox):

Last diagnostic run time: 04/14/13 11:43:09
Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection
info: Using home Internet connection
info: Redirecting user to support call

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
warn FTP (Passive): Error 12031 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The connection with the server was reset
warn FTP (Active): Error 12031 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The connection with the server was reset

error Could not make an FTP connection.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 14 13, 13:36
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Sheesh - I couldn't use the FAST REPLY box either just then!!!!!!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 14 13, 13:38
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

ASlso - no one else has posted anything after 3:35 am this morning - did you do anything with the site today?

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 14 13, 17:03
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Per Peter -- He restarted the web server. He's got a few core dumps to dredge through to try and debug exactly what happened see what locked it up, but from what he can see the little program that actually processes the request when you click "post" crashed and wasn't accepting any new requests, which spiraled into not being able to send PM's and post replies as well. Restarting the web server appears to have woken it back up.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:38

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: