Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

WELCOME TO MM Styrmwolf! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif

I believe you might just be 'Whitney', my neighbor in Maine? If so, so glad you could join us! mm.gif mm.gif I just popped over to your website, and enjoyed my brief visit. Phantom, eh? We just bought a new HD/DVD player and one of the first dvd's we bought - you guessed it! I'm curious to learn, what does this forum look like to you (*if you are using a Mac OS)? Can you see the skin selections (lower left side of screen)?

There's plenty to read and comment on here as you get acclimated to our 'tiles'. I've been writing for 4 years now (mainly poetry) and have learned much from online writing forums. It gave me my start! chef.gif Critique should be fun and should help the writer (not harm) and I hope you'll find that it is fun, friendly and helpful here.

Would you mind if I posted your state/country in your profile? sun.gif

As we always say here, if you are seeking honest feedback, then you'll find it here. Always remember though, your works are your own and our suggestions are yours to take or toss. referee.gif

If you have any questions, please ask. mm.gif mm.gif

Cheers
~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Styrmwolf
post Jan 21 07, 15:46
Post #2

Nomad

Group: Silver Member
Member No.: 402
Writer of: Newbie to Writing

Yep, it's me alright ^^. Thanks for the warm welcome! biggrin.gif I've been trying to get back into writeing more, I don't practice as much as I should, and figured I could start here. I don't think I can see the skins, but it still works ^~.

And I don't mind if you add my State/Country.
Thanks again!
~Whit

Blank_Canvas
post Jan 21 07, 19:08
Post #3

Greek

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Hiya, Whitney. Welcome to MM. We love getting to know you new folks, . Hope you jump right in and start having fun.
Marcia sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Jan 21 07, 22:01
Post #4

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hello Whitney,

Welcome to Mosaic Musings! Before reading your welcome, I stumbled in on your new post in Herme's and quite enjoyed the poem so much, that I came in here to read a little bit more about the poet who wrote it.

I'll be making a critique to it soon. Just came back from a weekend a way with my grandaughter, and have some cleaning up to do!

You will really enjoy our forums, there is many opportunity for inspiration, challenge, learning, and practicing all sorts of poetic devices and I always look to learn from others, so I might follow you about! :)

Blessings and again - Welcome

Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Jan 22 07, 08:37
Post #5

Hi Styrmwolf! Welcome to MM!

I've already read your poem and it's lovely. I haven't had a chance to critique it yet but I will! *smiles*

Need any help... just give a holler!

I love the avatar BTW~

Cathy

Arnfinn
post Jan 24 07, 04:10
Post #6

Creative Chieftain
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 17

G'day, Stymwolf,

Sturmwulf Ger, for Stormwolf. Are ya one of those Whitney?

It'll be enlightening to have a pratt with ya whitney.

chinchilla.gif

Ya hand in friendship, mate.

Regards,

John

·······IPB·······

Arnfinn

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Jan 24 07, 05:02
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

Welcome to MM Whitney -- so glad you could join us! cloud9.gif

I look forward to seeing you around and reading your work cyclops.gif

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Rosemerta_*
post Mar 17 07, 16:27
Post #8

Greetings Whit,

I see you are already jumping into things. I look forward to reading some of your work soon. Welcome to MM!

Jackie

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 20:25

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: