danimik
post Oct 31 15, 10:19
Post #1

Nomad

Group: Silver Member
Member No.: 5,276
Writer of: Poetry

Hello,

Thought it best to introduce myself as a newcomer. My name is Mike Daniels, and I'm a poet from the Peak District of England.
My children consider me to be old, fat and bald, though not necessarily in that order. I've been writing for a while now, never
quite satisfied with the end product and prone to barren periods, yet always with that overpowering love of language...

Nudging 64, my other passions beyond family and words would be for the natural order of things, music and football (that's
soccer or real football, not the American version.)

Thanks

Mike

·······IPB·······

this is not a rebel song

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 31 15, 10:35
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello Mike and WELCOME TO MM! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif

You've posted a great intro, as it gives us an idea of what you seek. Critiquing our own work, in addition to anothers is always a challenge until both get to know what makes the other one tick, and maintaining a friendly mindset, while not offending. I am forever still learning, and I welcome the sharing of experience.

I look forward to reading your work, as I believe it will stimulate your muse and keep your mind sharp! We offer honest, friendly feedback in our workshopping forums so I hope you'll find yourself at home here, once you settle in. odie.gif There are many members here with different skill levels and technique, which makes MM more comfortable, diverse and challenging if you become so inclined in your poetic journey. sings.gif cheer.gif

There's much to delve into, so please, wander our halls, take in our colorful 'tiles' and join in the fun. hsdance.gif Idea.gif What type of poetry do you enjoy writing most and are there certain forms you often write in?

Each forum has its own 'forum participation rules' posted in a link at the top of the forums, so please read them if you'd be so kind prior to posting: click here to read them.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or any of our staff (AMETHYST, Arnfinn, Eisa, JLY, Psyche and Imhotep). rose.gif margarita.gif mm.gif mm.gif

~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

weaver
post Oct 31 15, 12:51
Post #3

Nomad

Member No.: 5,277
Referred By:Rhapsody

Yay hello Mike, so great to see you here as well!
Looking forward to posting and seeing your work, it would have been a shame to lose touch.
Cheers
W

posthumous
post Oct 31 15, 12:54
Post #4

Nomad

Member No.: 5,275
Referred By:Eisa

Hail, Mike! Glad I can keep reading your poems!

Eisa
post Oct 31 15, 18:34
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

Hi mike, it's so good to see you here. I would have hated to never read a poem from you again. That's why I hope more will follow from TCP, there are so many good poets I'd miss.

I'm glad to see you've braved the forums and posted already!

Btw I think kids think you're already old at 40yrs! LOL!

Welcome to MM

Eira

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

danimik
post Nov 3 15, 17:25
Post #6

Nomad

Member No.: 5,276

Thanks guys. Always pleasing to receive a warm welcome

Mike

·······IPB·······

this is not a rebel song

JLY
post Nov 5 15, 07:53
Post #7

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Referred By:Larry Carr

Mike,
Welcome aboard. I too am old, pushing 68. I also have varied interests and I believe you will find MM to be a friendly place to hang your hat.

JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

greenwich
post Nov 5 15, 17:39
Post #8

Assyrian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 5,284
Referred By:Eira Rhaposdy

Great to see you again from TCP. Looking forward to your Midlands eye

·······IPB·······

Imagination fires the soul, resolution the longing.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:02

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: