passed down generations
through our genes.

copyright Nina 2006

Nina

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jun 6 06, 19:17
Post #2

Very nicely done Nina, i have had time lately to do the drabble or the ten words but soon, maybe next week.
Steve

Guest_Nina_*
post Jun 6 06, 23:12
Post #3

Thanks very much Steve

I do hope you find time to have a go at the challenges next week and at the flash.

Nina

Cybele
post Jun 7 06, 03:33
Post #4

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 22
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Hi Nina, hsdance.gif

I hadn't thought of replying to the Drabble challenge in a poem (at least here!)

I like the way everything is linked but seems to centre not around the sun, but around woman as the regenerating source of life. And rightly too Nina! cheer.gif

Good read thank you.

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jun 7 06, 05:42
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Nina.

I'll be back - I'm thrilled to see this drabble fine-tuned into a lovely poem as its message is so important to recall! cloud9.gif

Be back soon!
Lori running.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Jun 7 06, 17:09
Post #6

Hi Grace

I hadn't thought of replying to the Drabble challenge in a poem (at least here!)

The drabble itself was written in prose. I just tweaked and tightened it to turn it into a poem.

I like the way everything is linked but seems to centre not around the sun, but around woman as the regenerating source of life. And rightly too Nina!

I hadn't consciously thought about the poem centering around woman as the regenerating source of life but you are right and as you said, thats as it should be.

Thanks for commenting

Nina

Guest_Nina_*
post Jun 7 06, 17:09
Post #7

Hi Lori

Thanks, I look forward to your comments when you have time.

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Jun 27 06, 19:59
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Nina.

I really like the progression of not only time, but of our ancestry passing down in the poem. pharoah2.gif

I've re-read this a few times and keep stumbling here:

day becomes night, becomes day. As an alternate for you to ponder, I offer:

day to night, night to day.

Another option (and the only other I can bring here as this one note.gif as is: would be in the ending.

Yet a trace of us remains;
passed down generations
through our genes.

I offer a switcheroo so it would look like this but hopefully retain the same meaning you intend:

Yet a trace of us remains
through our genes;
extending (or expanding) generations.

Cheers Nina
~Cleo mm.gif mm.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Jun 28 06, 00:25
Post #9

Hi Lori

I really like the progression of not only time, but of our ancestry passing down in the poem.

I've re-read this a few times and keep stumbling here:

day becomes night, becomes day. As an alternate for you to ponder, I offer:

day to night, night to day.

I was trying for a slow hypnotic type swing, backwards and forwards. Using "to" speeds it up too much. How about if I put

day becomes night, night becomes day

Another option (and the only other I can bring here as this one as is: would be in the ending.

Yet a trace of us remains;
passed down generations
through our genes.

I offer a switcheroo so it would look like this but hopefully retain the same meaning you intend:

Yet a trace of us remains
through our genes;
extending (or expanding) generations.

Thanks, I'll consider it.

thanks for reading and commenting

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Jun 28 06, 05:38
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nina @ Jun 28 06, 01:25 ) [snapback]77620[/snapback]
Hi Lori

I was trying for a slow hypnotic type swing, backwards and forwards. Using "to" speeds it up too much. How about if I put

day becomes night, night becomes day

Nina

Hi Nina. rainbow.gif

Oh yes, I see it now, slowing the beat a bit. I was going to suggest that wording as well Nina, so I think that would slow it even further too with that second 'becomes' there added in the line.

Cool! pharoah2.gif

~Cleo highfive.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Jun 28 06, 15:18
Post #11

Thanks Lori I will revise it

Nina

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:51

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: