Heather
post Oct 31 15, 13:52
Post #1

Nomad

Group: Silver Member
Member No.: 5,278
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Rhapsody

Hello! I've also followed the recommendation about this site and look forward to reading some great poetry. I live in Spain, and although sometimes I feel I'm in the wrong time zone, I noticed that you have a very international staff here! It's all very exciting.... Once I figure out my way around!
Heather

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Eisa
post Oct 31 15, 17:46
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

Hi Heather - Welcome to MM!

I've certainly learned something about you tonight, I had no idea you were from Spain.

I'm glad you feel excited to be here and I'm so pleased you decided to join us. You'll soon find your way around and if you can't just ask.

Enjoy!
Eira

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Heather
post Oct 31 15, 18:20
Post #3

Nomad

Well, I live in Spain but I'm not from there... But it makes aa good online forum even more important for me... :)

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 31 15, 18:45
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello Heather and WELCOME TO MM! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif

I am happy to see you finding your way to MM mm.gif mm.gif as a referral. I'm also sorry to hear that TCP is closing its doors. It's been tough at times since most of the 'old' poetry forums that I knew of, along with some of the regulars here, have closed over the years. At one time, we had more than 350 members here, and of that number, at least 50% were active. Over the years, though, I started getting spam emails from the folks who left MM and didn't realize they had their control panel settings still set to receive topic and/or forum subscription emails. Go figure? SO, I went through a few rounds of purging members to eliminate that problem with the idea that they could always rejoin. This happened about 8 years ago I think? Social media has taken its toll but we're still here and always willing to offer commentary and critiques if the poster wishes.

I look forward to reading your work! We offer honest, friendly feedback in our workshopping forums so I hope you'll find yourself at home here, once you settle in. odie.gif As I mentioned earlier to the others from TCP who've registered, there are many members here with different skill levels and technique, which makes MM more comfortable, diverse and challenging if you become so inclined in your poetic journey. sings.gif cheer.gif

What type of poetry do you enjoy writing most and are there certain forms you often write in?

Each forum has its own 'forum participation rules' posted in a link at the top of the forums, so please read them if you'd be so kind prior to posting: click here to read them. These were set up years ago, when the site was more active.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or any of our staff (Eisa, Psyche and Imhotep). rose.gif margarita.gif mm.gif mm.gif

~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

posthumous
post Oct 31 15, 21:45
Post #5

Nomad

Member No.: 5,275
Referred By:Eisa

Glad to see you here, Heather!

Psyche
post Nov 2 15, 00:52
Post #6

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Welcome to MM, Heather! butterfly.gif

As you say, it's great to find a forum like this one, when one lives in a country with a different language. detective.gif

I live in Argentina and have been a member of MM for many years...must check that out. running.gif

I've polished my English quite a lot here. Unfortunately, I have few English speaking friends nowadays in Argentina. My husband passed away this year. And my daughter prefers Spanish.

Anyway, welcome aboard! I look forward to reading your poetry.

Psyche a.k.a. Syl or Sylvia cloud9.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Heather
post Nov 2 15, 02:06
Post #7

Nomad

Thanks Sylvia! Knowing you're here, maybe I'll try to write on in Spanish! I never really have, just one that combined the two languages, but was directed at an English speaking reader.... Hmmm.... That would be a challenge indeed!
Heather

Psyche
post Nov 2 15, 22:48
Post #8

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi again, Heather!
I don't think anybody here posts poetry in Spanish, so I haven't done so. There's one member, from Puerto Rico, who speaks Spanish and has a blogspot with Spanish poems.

I used to write poetry for a Buenos Aires newspaper; that was all in Spanish and went on for some years. But the column was closed...all good things come to an end!
I also joined some online workshops for Spanish writers, though I don't have time to participate much.
Facebook has several poetry pages in several languages. There again, I seldom go there.
Must go to bed,
hugs, Sylvia

QUOTE (Heather @ Nov 2 15, 05:06 ) *
Thanks Sylvia! Knowing you're here, maybe I'll try to write on in Spanish! I never really have, just one that combined the two languages, but was directed at an English speaking reader.... Hmmm.... That would be a challenge indeed!
Heather

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Dec 4 15, 02:00
Post #9

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi again, Heather, butterfly.gif

I've been thinking several times about your idea of writing in Spanish, or else using a mix...perhaps including some phrases in Spanish...or a refrain (estribillo) to hold a poem together.
You can always add a Note at the bottom if the line is difficult or long.

I'm struggling to compose a refrain for my poem "In the Wind" in Seren's. Some people suggested I do that, and then I thought of Spanish! Seems I used the term 'wind' too often...LOL...(I actually have the whole piece in Spanish, slightly different). Juggle.gif

I do hope you go ahead and compose in both languages. My mistake! I've only used 'adiós' or other words recognized by all. Perhaps you'll inspire me! unsure.gif

Hasta pronto,
Sylvia cloud9.gif

QUOTE (Heather @ Nov 2 15, 05:06 ) *
Heather

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:26

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: