post Feb 17 08, 21:47
Post #21

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Update: I've edited ALL skins now and have removed the 'Views' column in them.

Cheers,
~Cleo pcgal.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Psyche
post Feb 18 08, 10:01
Post #22

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Hi Lori!

Does this mean that Google, Yahoo et al won't be able to spider MM any more, without those 'views'? As I already said, I've found them rather useful.... not that I care about the number of them, especially after your explanation.

Anyway, I didn't object to the views, just for the record.... (I just shuddered at the words spider, bugs, bots and so on, but who cares?!)

Cheers!
Sylvia ***

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 18 08, 10:07
Post #23

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Sylvia, pinkpanther.gif

Oh no, the spiders will still be crawling MM mm.gif mm.gif. In fact, they're on right now, LOL! One just won't 'see' that column anymore, but it's still there for the counting tallies.

Actually, the one place I didn't remove them from is in the 'view new posts' code, so you can see them in there. I'm also going to add the code back to our 'Mosaic' skin and maybe one or two other skins as well, just so one can see them if they wish. I'll reply again when it's done in a few...

Lori magicwink1.png

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 18 08, 10:39
Post #24

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Ok - I've added back the forum Views column to the following skins:

Club
Driftwood
Luminar Blue
Metalaxe
Mosaic
Reflections Blue
Winter

So now at least, one has the option based on the skin you choose (to see the views tally).

Cheers,
Cleo pcgal.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Feb 20 08, 10:48
Post #25

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Hi Lori!

I'm lucky! I had already chosen Luminar Blue, so nothing's changed in my life...haha....

Believe it or not, these days there's been a weeny, fast spider running over my keyboard! Can't catch it, so I just hope it doesn't grow fat and gummy.

Hugs, Syl ***

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 30 08, 08:42
Post #26

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I just edited Halloween (new skin) and Spring Fling! so these two skins do not include the 'views' column.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Aug 31 08, 13:51
Post #27

Hi Lori, I don't very often come to this section of MM, but after reading your VENT and other comments I must say that I too once looked upon those views with wonder as to who they were and why they didn't comment and MM is not the onoly site I have done that on, The first site I ever posted on is still up and running, and they still display views, I just read a newbies comment there about the same and he was quite devestated that all those readers couldn't or wouldn't comment, I told him not to worry just keep posting look for other sites. (hinted at MM..LOL) I thouroughly enjoy MM and think that you do a fabulous job here Lori, kudos very much. I was an administrator on another site for about a year and I couldn't keep up. So I know how hard it can be. I post at many different sites and get a varied amount of comments. I no longer post at places that let people make rude, crude and socially unacceptable remarks about other postings, One of the main reasons I really like MM. I try very hard to comment on different various pieces, not always successfully or as much as I wish, as Sylvia said life has a way of interfereing. I am sure the loyal followers of MM understand. I have found that all sites have their up and down times and I know that personally I find it frustrating when I want to see comments and get none, or want to see more postings and nothing changes. I watch when poets write for a while then just seem to fade. I hope they will come back as I am sure you do. I enjoy very much the give and take of critique and revision, and hope I have learned even one small thing. Please do not despair Lori, This place is almost unique amoung poetry sites.
Steve

Guest_bombadil1247_*
post Jul 27 10, 10:00
Post #28

Hi, Lori,

I always read a post at least three times, with gaps between, before offering a crit to make sure I've a) understood and b) digested both message and form where applicable. I'm sure I won't be alone in that. Of course, there is a problem if a post receives no comments over a length of time but that may be a reluctance on the reader's part - not everyone will feel comfortable 'criticising' another member: and therein lies the problem, a critique is not a criticism - either of the poem or the poet - it is an opinion which in the reader's view might improve the poem. This can range from an in depth analysis, line-by-line, to a simple note of what worked or didn't work for that reader. For those who feel awkward offering their opinion, I can only say that 'practice makes perfect': over time they will learn what the posters are looking for and will become more familiar with the technical aspects of the craft,
Jim

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 27 10, 11:56
Post #29

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks Jim. thumbsup.gif

I wish more folks could see it the way you and I do - as you say:
a critique is not a criticism - either of the poem or the poet - it is an opinion which in the reader's view might improve the poem.
There are certianly ways the critter can phrase his/her crit that lends itself to further feedback (in a positive way) - although I've personally seen and been the victim of some pretty NASTY crits over the years. It takes this mindset of not taking it personally - trying to pull out the parts of it that make sense and offer a valuable lesson in there somewhere. It's NOT to re-write the poem. I've definitely become more comfortable offering critques over the years from pure practice. Whether I've perfected anything or not, remains the mystery. LOL.gif :sherlock:

It's a very individual thing...
Cheers,
~Cleo Read.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:00

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: