post Oct 5 13, 08:33
Post #1

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Greetings, Folks!

Had un unexpected operation on my right knee. Discovered it had a major infection, and it had to be 'unzipped' for the third time, and they're attempting to save the artificial joint with IV antibiotics every four hours for six weeks! The IV takes about an hour each time. I'd gone into Atrial fibrillation with extremely high heart rate -- all of which I was totally unaware! The second day after they cleaned out the knee, the a-fib disappeared.

Difficult to write just now as the machine making my knee go up and down kind of makes it difficult to be using a laptop. Will attempt to be visiting later today if possible.

Just wanted you to know I'd not abandoned ship!

Love, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Psyche
post Oct 5 13, 16:53
Post #2

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

Hey, Daniel, just switched on my PC and saw this misfortunate experience that you're undergoing. I'm so sorry, don't know what to say...just pray and hope that the IV's will soon stop that nasty infection around your artificial knee joint. butterfly.gif

Does this mean that you're hospitalized? Or can it possibly be continued at home now that the A-fibrillation has stopped? I haven't got that bit clear.
Hospitals are full of bugs, so it's best to get home whenever possible. running.gif

My hubby, who's had 3 major heart surgeries, has A-fibrillation most of the time, there's no way the doc's can stop it, even with a pace-maker. But that's a different story, the only point being that they consider him a "high risk" patient...but, he's been like this for near on 14 years!! Not bad, huh...thought it might comfort you to know it may not be as risky as they make out. Well, just MHO. unsure.gif

Yep, laptops are difficult in bed under the best of circumstances. Youngsters seem to manage them in any position, all curled up or whatever. Not for us, er...seniors...LOL... upside.gif

I'll stop babbling and wish you the very best, Daniel. We need your light on this ship, thanks for letting us know you've not abandoned us in spite of your rather serious condition. Guitar.gif

Many hugs and prayers, hope to hear more soon,
love, Syl*** lovie.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Oct 5 13, 17:09
Post #3

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Back again, Daniel. I see that you've posted this in Nero's news, way down below where members seldom venture.

I suggest you announce it in Basilica, which has been moved "up there" fairly recently. I myself forget where or what forums are for. If you wish, I can do it for you, but I hope you're feeling a little better and will do it yourself.

Give me a shout, OK?

Hugs,
Syl*** magicwink1.png

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Maureen
post Oct 6 13, 06:45
Post #4

Egyptian

Member No.: 5,178
Referred By:arnfinn

Do hope you are feeling better Daniel - hospitals are such a pain. Sending you some blokey get well flowers to cheer you up a bit
Hurry up and get well
Attached File(s)
Attached File  flour.jpg ( 21.35K ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  flour.jpg ( 21.35K ) Number of downloads: 0

·······IPB·······

JustDaniel
post Oct 6 13, 07:55
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 6

Thank you so much, Sylvia and Maureen!

Yes, Sylvia, you can transfer this to the other forum. I too don't know what's in some of the places myself!

I'm not in hospital NOW. Was there for the stabilization and then the knee revision (again) in which they flushed the whole thing out and replaced the plastic spacer in the joint then 'zipped' me back up again. I HOPE to be allowed to stay here for the next four weeks, so that I don't have to deal with the IV antibiotics myself at home every four hours. It's hard enough for some of the nurses, so I can't imagine either Eileen or myself trying to do it!

Had half of the staples (17; every other one) removed yesterday, and I'll probably have the rest removed Wednesday morning when I visit my surgeon in his office face-to-face.

Will visit as I'm able. Miss interacting!

Love in Light, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Keith Logan
post Oct 6 13, 10:30
Post #6

Babylonian

Member No.: 5,188

Hi Daniel,

Knee replacements are so simple - till something goes wrong.
My first one was a breeze, second day after the other one - blood clots.
I'ts all something of a lottery.
I sincerely hope that you can put this down as a fading memory soon.
All the best, (I hope you can agree with the sentiment below).
Keith, the happy chappy

Upon my bed I lay perplexed,
what unbid fortune might be next.
(I don't like pains).
Che sara sara anyway,
tomorrow's yet another day,
Sure hope remains.

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 6 13, 10:50
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Oh Boy, Daniel. So sorry to hear this news! yinyang.gif

I have been sick (allergies maybe) since Wednesday afternoon and am home, now on vacation for 2 weeks. You know that expression - 'There's always someone worse off than you' - well, that would be you compared to me right now. I do wish you all the best - get healthy!!!! prescription.gif Don't Juggle.gif to many things at one and don't give your physical therapist too much grief as they're just trying to make you better! :ref:

Looking forward to interacting with you very soon! Slow and steady my friend. GroupHug.gif
~Lori sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 6 13, 10:51
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

P.S. I moved this thread to the Basilica forum up top in the Newbie/Member News area...

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Larry
post Oct 6 13, 23:34
Post #9

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 446
Referred By:Just wondered in.

Hi Daniel,

Wow! I'm glad Lori moved this because I've been wondering for a while where you might have gone or that you had become busy to such an extent that you didn't have time to post anything.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your knee replacement and suffered a-fib because of the infection. My prayers are going out to now as I type and I shall light candles for you until whenever...

I hope everything turns out okay for you.

Larry

·······IPB·······

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Kindness is a seed sown by the gentlest hand, growing care's flowers.
Larry D. Jennings

MM Award Winner

Mysty
post Oct 10 13, 05:48
Post #10

Babylonian

Member No.: 194
Referred By:Cathy

Dear Daniel,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing such difficulties. I hear you all too well though as I am having health issues too.

I have not written much in the last couple of years. I think it may be due to my hypothyroidism. It can play with minor memory functions etc. I also have diabetes now as my pancreas has been shutting down must like my thyroid. I am no longer able to work due to health difficulties. So I stay home and bead a lot. I sell some of my bead work so I guess I have not lost all my creating. I Hope you are getting better Daniel. I will keep you in my prayers dear friend.

Much Love

Mysty

Keith Logan
post Oct 11 13, 16:35
Post #11

Babylonian

Member No.: 5,188

Hi Daniel,

Still hoping you will be ready to recommence participation soon. I like your writing style.

Mysty,

My beloved sister had thyroid problems in the past. The cure inadvertently destroyed her thyroid but she gets by generally ok so long as she takes her thyroxine. I hope your future works out better than your present.

Keith, the happy chappy

Peterpan
post Oct 14 13, 08:00
Post #12

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 127
Referred By:Jox

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Oct 5 13, 15:33 ) *
Greetings, Folks!

Had un unexpected operation on my right knee. Discovered it had a major infection, and it had to be 'unzipped' for the third time, and they're attempting to save the artificial joint with IV antibiotics every four hours for six weeks! The IV takes about an hour each time. I'd gone into Atrial fibrillation with extremely high heart rate -- all of which I was totally unaware! The second day after they cleaned out the knee, the a-fib disappeared.

Difficult to write just now as the machine making my knee go up and down kind of makes it difficult to be using a laptop. Will attempt to be visiting later today if possible.

Just wanted you to know I'd not abandoned ship!

Love, Daniel sun.gif

Oh no Daniel, get well soon. At least a knee does not really stop one writing...Get well and good luck. Keep us informed of your progress. Bev

·······IPB·······

May the angels guide your light.

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Oct 17 13, 15:32
Post #13

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Hi Daniel

I'm late here with my good wishes.

How are you now? I hope that each day you will feel a little better.

Hugs
Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Oct 20 13, 00:15
Post #14

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi Daniel! cheer.gif

How're you doing now? A fairly long time has passed, so I hope the worst is over and that you can get back to your favorite activities.

I believe I saw you playing with your good friends in the logarhythms thread as well as the limerick one. Am I right or am I right?! laugh.gif

Whenever you can, do drop by Seren's and Hermes to do some criting. You are so deft at spotting the errors or whatever. You're much appreciated by all.

Cheers,
Syl*** lovie.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:49

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: