Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THINKING OF YOU, A poem of reflection......
Guest_the_ghost_of_tom_joad_*
post Dec 26 03, 11:59
Post #1

My passions now soggy with your memory,
     Like formless tides wash over me;
         Pass over like ghosts,
   Carried along by an acorn wind,
And remind me of what I mistakenly once was.

Now weeping inside of my own skin,
  In the shallow solitude of my darkened room,
            In the blankets of sleep,
    Where rain-shaken dreams play on and on,
             I will be thinking of you.

And someday, maybe you will know;
            Maybe you will remember me,
  Maybe you will find me sleeping in the snow,
       For wherever I am and whatever I may do,
      I will always and forever be thinking of you.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 28 03, 18:50
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello GTJ!

WOW! I sense a great emotional loss in this one.  oops.gif

There are some places that rhyme and others that do not, so I'm not quite sure if that's your intent? I also see some repetition in your word choices (again, this perhaps is by choice)? Please take or toss anything I offer.

Regards,
Cleo

Pass over like ghosts,

My passion's sodden with your memory,
  where formless tides wash over me;
  Passing over like ghosts,
  carried along by an acorn wind,
  reminding me of what I once was.

Now weeping inside of my own skin,
 In the shallow solitude of my darkened room,
           In the blankets of sleep,
   Where rain-shaken dreams play on and on,
            I will be thinking of you.

I weep inside of my own skin
 in the shallow solitude of darkness;
 blankets of sleep find rain-shaken
 dreams playing on and on.

I think of you.

And someday, maybe you will know;
           Maybe you will remember me,
      For wherever I am and whatever I may do,

Someday, maybe you will know;
  perhaps you'll remember me.
  Maybe you'll find me sleeping in snow?

Wherever I am and whatever I may do,

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_blondie_*
post Dec 30 03, 17:33
Post #3

Hello hello!

Beautiful poem displaying reflection!  I enjoyed!  As Cleo stated already, I can feel the emotional loss in your words.  

Pass over like ghosts,

That first stanza is beautiful.  Such vivid imagery captured my attention!

The last stanza is unclear for me, especially the following line:

The relevence of snow I am not connecting to the rest of the poem.  

Truly great piece of writing...

Looking forward to more,

~Amy~

post Dec 31 03, 14:38
Post #4

Hello Cleo,
wave.gif Thank you so much for your critique of my poem. And no, I`m not quite ready to slit my wrists just yet..... laugh.gif  From the tone of this one, most readers would probably think that, but actually I have moved on emotionally from when I actually wrote this one two years ago. It was one of the only poems that ever came to me as a whole as it was written without much editing of any sort, so I thought it would be interesting to put it out there for criticisim.

Yes, there does seem to be some use of repitition in word choice. Some of that was intentional as in the last verse with the word, "Maybe," but the use of the word "now" in the first verse was not intentional and probably should be done away with. I do like your recommendations for re-working the middle section, and as soon as I find time, I will come back with an edited version for more critique. Sorry it took me so long to respond, but it being the Holidays and all, I just haven`t allowed myself much time at the computer. I do hope to become more regular at this forum in the New Year. Thank you again for your pointers and I hope you have a beautiful day. Thank you. sun.gif

Love, Keith

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 31 03, 17:09
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Well Keith - I'm certainly pleased to hear times have changed since writing this (and other tendancies have passed)!  :kungfu:

Often, the most special pieces are those that come from someplace deep within. For some writers, it's a sad place, and for others, a happy or playful one. I think those are the BEST, the cream of the crop as a reader can almost always pick those out (by emotional response).

Don't worry too much over response times, we're all in the same boat this time of year, even some of our Praetorians are away and I, too, have been limited with my time. At least our friends are posting!
laugh.gif

Have a wonderful New Year PartyFavor.gif and we all look forward to spending mroe time reading and writing together!
cheer.gif
~Cleo

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

post Jan 2 04, 09:46
Post #6

Thanks Amy for your response to my poem, "Thinking of You," and I am very pleased to make your acquaintiance, Blondie.  wave.gif

The word, "snow" was selected in the last verse over the word, "rain" because it was Winter and snowing outside when I composed this poem, and I envisioned myself as being discovered underneath the snow by my estranged lover; like an accident or something. Maybe some people reading it got that and some didn`t. Anyway, thanks for liking it and giving me these pointers. I look forward to seeing you here in the future. Happy New Year!

Love ya,

Keith  sun.gif

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 23:43

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: