Home of the BBC on the Internet

Bob's Byway - A Poetic Diversion
Glossary of poetic terms, with examples and other cool tips

Dictionary.com
Online English dictionary, thesaurus and reference guide

The Forest of Rhetoric
Guide to the terms of classical and renaissance rhetoric

Guide to Grammar & Writing
Includes 427 references to both the Guide to Grammar and Writing and Principles of Composition

PoemHunter.com
Thousands of poems and poets, Poetry Search Engine

PoetryFoundation.org
Search thousands of poems by theme, occasion, and subject in the poetry archive; and read poet biographies, poetry news, comics, and articles about poets and poetry

Poets.Org
Access thousands of free essays and interviews about poetry, biographies of more than 700 poets, 3,500 poems, and 500 audio clips of poems read by their authors (from the Academy of American Poets)

RhymeZone.com
Rhyming Dictionary & Thesaurus

Wikipedia.org
The free encyclopedia

Hello from Patrick Ross
Posted by Psyche - 11-24-22 15:21 - 1 comments
Hello from Patrick Ross

It’s been almost 17 years since I last sat at a desk within these walls and raised my hand to ask a question or nervously scribbled the answer to one. The walls might have changed and perhaps even the questions, but the memory is alive, as if the years were minutes and the people frescoes in the gallery of my mind.

I just want to express my gratitude for those invaluable years of learning, growth and happiness at BDS. Those of you who knew me at school would be surprised to see such a different Patrick now. I’m certainly no longer an 800 mts.
medallist, but I think I never quite gave up long distance races.
I have recently finished my Philology studies which were interrupted when I had to return from Spain, where I had lived seven years. I’ve also become a bowls player and computer literate, two things that I had never imagined as I leafed through Chaucer and Cervantes.
I’ve begun to communicate with a speech synthesizer and am a keen letter writer too. You already have my phone number. I’d love to hear from old friends and teachers.
All the best, Patrick

Read 49 times - last comment by Psyche   

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2022 - 06:40

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: