Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi all. teacher.gif

I was asked this question recently by one of our members and so I am posting the Q & A here for your reference (wioth a sample so you can try it).

Cheers!
~Cleo Pharoah.gif

How do I find whether I've posted a poem by name... or how do I find ANY poem when I know the name?

Hi {member}. gandalfw.gif

I wanted to find a poem titled 'Dance of Death' so I would:
  1. Click on the 'Search' at the top of the forum, near our logo.
  2. Then immediately click on the 'More Options' button at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Type in your title (left side of screen) in the 'Search by Keywords' input box (If you add a plus sign between words, it will search for that string exactly). In my example, I typed: +dance+of+death
  4. Choose the forum to search (or leave it as 'All Forums' from the 'Search Where' selection menu below the keywords input box).
  5. In the 'Search posts from' choose your date range (I chose 'any date' and also chose 'newer'.
  6. In the 'Search Where' selection, I chose 'Search titles only'.
  7. Click 'Perform the Search' button.
In my example, 11 results displayed. I was able to then click into to my post (posted) in both forums, Cleo's Showcase and Plato's Pearls of Wisdom (exhibition forum).

That should work. You could also go 'click on your name' from a thread or the member list and from the Profile menu (top right drop down box) choose 'Find Members Topics', but I don't recommend that way, unless the member doesn't have too many posts/topics to search.

Please let me know if these instructions work for you...

Cheers!
~ Lori Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Cathy_*
post Jul 12 06, 10:08
Post #2

Hi Lori!

LOL I forgot to click on MORE OPTIONS ... TITLES ONLY and come up with all kinds of things but when done right it works great! cheer.gif

Cathy

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 12 06, 15:17
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Cathy. privateeye.gif

Oo.gif I've done that before and then go HUH? upside.gif blush.gif

Glad you worked it through - did you find everything OK in the end?

Cheers!
~Cleo airborne.gif

This post has been edited by Cleo_Serapis: Jul 14 06, 19:49

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Jul 12 06, 17:01
Post #4

LOL Yep! Once I'd figured out what I did wrong everything went fine!

Cathy

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 15 06, 11:32
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cathy @ Jul 12 06, 18:01 ) *
LOL Yep! Once I'd figured out what I did wrong everything went fine!

Cathy

Excellent! cheer.gif comedy.gif hsdance.gif Guitar.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:03

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: