Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Code 1D-10T, Odin 19 hold over for Odin 21
Guest_bombadil1247_*
post Aug 26 10, 09:45
Post #1

Code 1D-10T comes up a lot: folks should have some sort of training with a test at the end before they’re wed - or allowed out without their parents. Take Jimmy Lang as a case in point, that boy had it all going for him; good family, lovely wife and kids – ran off with a barmaid with big eyes. Code 1D-10T without a doubt.

Then there’s Jenny Jones. Her man worked long hours paying off her mortgage, never missed a payment; nor a birthday or anniversary either for that matter. She put him out because ‘he never found time for me’ and moved in a pothead who couldn’t hold a job five minutes past a paycheck – which she never saw. Yep, code 1D-10T.

Stella was kinda different, she didn’t make the 1D-10T’s she collected them like some folk collect stamps. Marty, her first man, beat her up on principle because ‘women are slow learners’ according to him and he sure was a patient teacher. Nary a day went by when she didn’t sport a new shiner to hide behind her sunspecs – the bruising still showed through though. I never saw him sober, even driving. When he crashed the car, I reckon she showed more relief than grief at the funeral.

When she took up with Harry it was frying pans and fires. He could talk the talk but the walking was always hard for him, so hard that he didn’t try anymore. He was a liar, a thief and a cheat and everybody knew it – even Stella, but she thought he could change. For a while he thought so too, at least he said as much – that was before he bedded their neighbour. Her man beat him so hard he landed in Jail. Harry was in Hospital for a month: the only lesson he learned was not to get caught. One day he just disappeared with Stella’s car, her cash, and said neighbour – that was a week before her man was due out. I reckon she should have seen that coming; maybe she did because she didn’t make too much fuss.

She went through a few more code 1D-10T’s over the next year or two – two drunks, a junkie and a pedo among them – before she gave up on men. I moved in a month later ‘to help with bills’ and give a bit of company in the evening. My name’s Julie and I’ve made a few errors of my own but I don’t think Stella will be one of them; I’ve loved her since we were sixteen and I plan on telling her that soon. Maybe that will make me the 1D-10T but, hey, Stella’s worth it and she does know the code.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 26 10, 11:42
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Thank you for your entry into Odin's Opposition, Jim! troy.gif

Perhaps you'll rise up, drink from the Well of Wisdom and be crowned the 'bringer of victory'? cali.gif

Best of luck in the battle! vic.gif

~Mosaic Musings Staff knight.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 00:35

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: