post Mar 3 07, 17:25
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

This is extrememly well crafted and hard to believe it's Lori's first quantrain refrain.

This posted in Herme's Homilies: Shadow's Lands

Shadow's Lands
First Revision: TY John, Eric and Liz!

She slinks along through Shadow’s lands,
aware of mortals’ mighty claw
where skilled disciples deal their hands
of destiny; she’ll not withdraw.

Tall torches raze a tepid night,
emblazoned mark of high command
consumes the chaos they invite;
she slinks along through Shadow’s lands.

A camouflage of earthen tones
incites a Vulture’s lynching law.
They eat raw flesh; discard the bones
aware of mortals’ mighty claw.

Adjudication comes to pass
unlike combatants; she withstands
content to bathe in fodder’s grass…
where skilled disciples deal their hands.

Her world is changed, no more the prey
as kindred Shadows rise in awe
to venerate her life’s bouquet
of destiny; she’ll not withdraw.

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
AMETHYST
post Mar 3 07, 20:19
Post #2

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hey Snow ...

Excellent choice- I will put in a SECOND AND THIRD on this one. Lori's use of the form brings it to life, and each refrain line is so subtle that it blends in the poem without a notice to repetitiion. The subject is applaudable and this is surely a well written, professionally creative poem!

Excellent Job Lori, and Excellent choice Snow! wink.gif

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

azurepoetry
post Mar 4 07, 00:43
Post #3

Laureate Legionnaire

Member No.: 217
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:justdaniel

i know this isn't a crit area, but oh man, i love "torches raze a tepid night" that's both musical, vivid and original a line.
Since Liz has second and thirds, i'll take sloppy fourths....... ohmy.gif

~tim/azurepoetry

·······IPB·······

"What ceremony of words can patch the havoc?" ~ Sylvia Plath

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 4 07, 09:48
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Wow! hsdance.gif

This is a nice eye opener this morning! cheer.gif

Thank you very much Snow, Liz (for the inspiration, vote of confidence and creator of this form) and Tim, for the fourths and comment on that line (I like that one too). Please feel free to offer commentary if you like Tim in Herme's where this is posted, I'd love to hear from you further.

thanks.gif again!
~Lori dance.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 4 07, 18:17
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Ah Tim, no part take could possibly be sloppy coming from you! rolleyes.gif Tell ya what, I'll share my third - if I can take the fifth! LOL

Good Luck Lori, this is an exceptional poem! Hugs all, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Mar 7 07, 04:47
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I'd like to nominate Horsetales by Merlin, found in Herme's, a reverse rictameter, looks stunning on the page and is a well crafted tale, with beautiful imagery.

His horse was saddled, standing at the rail
while Josh took one more look into
the mirror hanging from
its peg wedged in
a crack
outside his shack.
Today he'd shaved, put on
clean pants and shirt; he had a date.
His horse was saddled, standing at the rail.
They headed down the trail to Susan's house,
along a jagged line fence through
an aspen grove; a doe
and fawn looked up,
surprised,
and maybe just
a touch or two annoyed.
Lighthearted, Josh rode along;
they headed down the trail to Susan's house.
It was his special place - a hidden lake
and alpine blossom meadow-green
where pastel wildwood rose
and lupine joined
to make
enchantment of
an unspoiled wonderland.
A loon trills out its haunting song;
it was his special place - a hidden lake.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 7 07, 06:22
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Oh, this looks neat! I haven't had a chance to read or comment on this one yet Snow, but am looking forward to it!

I've sent Eric the permission form via PM.

Cheers
~Cleo Wizard.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 7 07, 08:52
Post #8

Ornate Oracle

Great Nomination! wink.gif There is well chiselled skill within this Reverse Rictameter and only a true bard could make it dance as Eric!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 7 07, 08:58
Post #9

Ornate Oracle

Hey Just wondering has this been given permission (HAHAAAHAA Only Kidding)

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 7 07, 12:45
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Permission granted and thanks again! dance.gif

GroupHug.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 7 07, 16:15
Post #11

Ornate Oracle

Ah you silly - I saw you did! LOL Congrats, this has a great shot at IBPC- it holds depth, talent and poetic skills!

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 12 07, 10:14
Post #12

Ornate Oracle

I would like to nominate this poem for its excellence in poetic devices, techniques, smooth story-line, which I found original and quite creative. I enjoyed this poem and the lovely flow of sounds and ease in read. The subject maintains an interesting angle that holds the readers attention till the final line, which I found to be applaudable.

This is posted in Herme's Homilies:
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=9753

:)

To Flanders Fields

Revision 1

It didn’t end – still poppies grow
upon those graves of long ago
where soldiers’ bones forever lie;
they marched to war, to fight and die
in trenches steeped in mud or snow.

Bombs were invented that could blow
a city off the map, or mow
an army down like ripened rye –
it didn’t end.

Now comes a different, nameless foe
whose prime objective is to throw
his life unto the promised sky,
achieving martyrdom thereby;
and all the while, more blood will flow –
it didn’t end.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 12 07, 11:35
Post #13

Ornate Oracle

I would enjoy nominating this poem by Snow. The poems subject uses the beauty of horse and narrator growing up and older together, of going through seasons of life. This is done softly, to enhance the loveliness of their relationship, there is gentleness in the imagery. The detailed descriptions bring the poem to life as I read through, and I feel the Poem ends on a very vital and pivotal message.

This is written with excellent skill, loveliness and wonderful sonics through out. Good Luck with this. This is posted in Seren's Synapse: http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=9286

My Life Gallops

The foal teeters on scattered hay;
I yell fiercely upon delivery
in the farmhouse.

She grows in hands
while I inch up in feet.
Clip-clop she trots
taking me in my buggy
to hear the black sheep baa
on Old MacDonald's Farm.

I groom my Morgan's coat,
straddle her leather saddle and
canter her within the stable yard.
I hanker for adventure outside
these walls, to race across cornfields
verging on verdant hills.

Gidd-up!
The filly gallops through
poppy strewn meadows.
I ride bare-back, hair ruffled,
exhilarated by crimson splashes
and wafts of fresh cut hedge-ways.

We stumble on stony ground,
as my jaded mare lopes
across acres of faded daisies
and desiccating acacia trees.

I see the undulating horizon
but reins slip, my weary hands
begin to lose their grip.
My horse won't stop,
I can't dismount
-- take time to see
the scenery.
She hurtles on past balding trees,
jumping across frosted hurdles.

Whoa!
Skidding on ice-flecked track
she catapults me downward;
whinnies resound as gravity
snatches her -- body breaking.

I gaze toward distant hills,
cling to her, both shaking.

We wait ...
I hear the shot
... feel no more pain.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Mar 13 07, 05:55
Post #14

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Mar 12 07, 16:37 ) *
Permission PM Sent

Thanks for nominating this Liz. I've sent my permission form back.

Hugs Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 13 07, 08:08
Post #15

Ornate Oracle

QUOTE (Eisa @ Mar 13 07, 06:55 ) *
QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Mar 12 07, 16:37 ) *
Permission PM Sent

Thanks for nominating this Liz. I've sent my permission form back.

Hugs Snow Snowflake.gif

Thanks Snow this is beautiful - big hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 13 07, 18:30
Post #16

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I'd like to nominate Daniah's poem "Words" located in our Shambhalan Sanctuary forum for its sultry imagery. The connection two lovers share is wonderfully and beautifully expressed in this poem. http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=9776

Cheers
~Cleo StarWars1.gif

Words

I beguile you with words,
spraying the musky scent of desire
in wafts that linger
deep beneath your cutis.

I tongue you with words,
feel you levitate beneath me,
moaning from sensations-
the melodies of my name.

I treat you with words,
sow seeds of compliance,
in the wake of my needs;
beneath the weeds
of your eccentricities.

I drown you with words,
discern the heaviness
within our folds,
as we tremble
beneath engulfing tides.

Doused
we await words anew.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Siren
post Mar 13 07, 18:58
Post #17

Laureate Legionnaire

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Mar 13 07, 23:38 ) *
Permission PM sent

Lori, thanks so much for the nomination. I've replied and sent the permission form back.

Hugs
dani

·······IPB·······

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

"A good book is not read and forgotten. It lingers in the mind of the reader, reshaping thoughts, asking new questions, revisiting ancient ones."

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 13 07, 19:05
Post #18

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

You are most welcome Daniah! hsdance.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Mar 13 07, 19:36
Post #19

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I second this with applause!

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Siren
post Mar 14 07, 08:53
Post #20

Laureate Legionnaire

Member No.: 13

Eira,

Thanks so much for the applause honey. smile.gif

hugs
Dani

·······IPB·······

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

"A good book is not read and forgotten. It lingers in the mind of the reader, reshaping thoughts, asking new questions, revisiting ancient ones."

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 15:07

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: