Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weather Warning, for the forum
Guest_Don_*
post Feb 11 06, 20:56
Post #21

>Cleo>Reading books Don READING not burning them... Hwv you ever read Farenheit 451?  

>Don> Nah, I saw the TV version three times. I also saw interview of Ray Bradbury, the author of "Farenheit 451," on TV.  What a character.  Actually I was thinking about that title when I wrote to you about burning books.  I almost wrote that you could be assured the temperature was at least 454...I never could accurately remember the kindling temperature of paper.  The 451 connection skipped across the country between us.  The ghost of Bradbury?

Lynn, who has been watching weather channel, told me that lots of places are having bad weather.  

Five inches of snow in Johnson City, Tennessee.  We resided in that area for a while--I took advanced economics at East Tennessee State in Johnson City.  They are going to be cold.  The original tri-city airport in mountains centered among three cities of Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City.  Everytime a plane crashed the government looked for illegal distilleries.  A yankee could disappear without a trace.  

Everytime you counted on flying out a fog lowered the count.  The fogs were why so many planes crashed into mountain sides.

Ah, the good ol'e days of hazy, lazy days of mountain living.

Don

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 12 06, 17:43
Post #22

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

My gosh!

It's STILL snowing here! chilly.gif

We had about 6 inches already at 6 am and now it's at LEAST 2 feet and still snowing out there.....

Snowman.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 12 06, 18:44
Post #23

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Oo.gif  :Oo:  :Oo:  :chilly: chilly.gif

Peter and I just braved the weather outside and while he snowblowed the pathway to our front door I shoveled the porch.

No kidding - the snow is up to my knees!  :speechless:  It's about 14-16 inches and it's STILL SNOWING - and there are wind drifts everywhere...

Glad we didn't lose power (so far)!  :cloud9:

Cheers
Cleo  :pharoah:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Feb 12 06, 18:50
Post #24

Hi Cleo,

Try your hair dryer.  10 inches of snow equal 1 inch of rain.

Also glad your electrical power is stable.

Maybe you need to burn some books in your front lawn afterall.

Our five-year old grandson would be overjoyed to see snow up to his knees.  Among his first words would be, "Grandpa get the snowblower."  Do I detect a circular path?  

Don    :sun:

Guest_Jox_*
post Feb 12 06, 19:00
Post #25

Hi.

Ah yes! but all the other rooms are bitterly cold!

Hair dryer - 1" of rain can mean flooding - take care. And all that electricity - makes global warming which causes more floods and snow.

Hope it is all ok. Been rainey here today and mild. But we need far far more rain (so do use the hairdryers, please) - it is already being said we will have a drought in Summer with standpipes in the street. You wouldn't think we were a small island surrounded by water. Want to export your snow?

J.

Guest_Don_*
post Feb 12 06, 19:19
Post #26

Hi Jox,

I seem to remember, "water, water, everywhere; but not a drop to drink."  An island in salt water helps keep the French at bay.

I understand icebergs are floated into places needing fresh water.  

If our mutual pond were sufficently small, I am sure we would be throwing snowballs your way.  

Wrap yourself around your stove and think upon Lori and Peter's dilemma.  They may not be able to go to work tomorrow.  O...shame for shame.

Don

JLY
post Feb 12 06, 19:50
Post #27

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Larry Carr

Lori,
Our snow ended at 3PM. We ended up with 24 inches; it was soft and very powdery.  The wind was intense and created some large drifts.
Just looking out at the winter landscape provides one with so many poetic images.
The trek to work tomorrow will be a bit slow; the roads are still not cleared in my neighborhood.
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 21 06, 17:12
Post #28

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi all.

Just in case we lose power - wanted to let you know we are having some nasty thunder storms here at the moment, so if the forum goes down, it is because we lost power. Hope it won't come to that!

HEAVY Rain for 8 days straight, then 1/2 day of relief, then rain again, then two more days of rain and now thunder and lghtning pretty intensely.

Hope the sun shows herself soon. sun.gif

HUGS

Lori medusa.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post May 21 06, 17:44
Post #29

No power failures todate. Our local farmers (midwestern Ohio) are delayed due to rain. Some fields have standing pools.

Don dragonfly.gif

JLY
post May 22 06, 05:45
Post #30

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Referred By:Larry Carr

Lori,
Here in NW NJ, we have frost warnings. The temperature will plummet to the 30's tonight...very unusual for May 22.
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Jul 25 06, 16:11
Post #31

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

I'm thinking there'll be no frost in sight tonight, John... except on the outside of your air conditioner if it's not cleaned or inside your refrigerator if it's not frost-free!

Lightly, Daniel cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 00:54

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: