2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Most Guests Ever, interesting.
Guest_Jox_*
post Apr 11 05, 02:10
Post #1

Hi again,

As I write, MM is notching up another "most guests ever"

I assume we're being scanned by web robots (crawling spiders!) - searching for data for something like Google. Peter / Lori should know more from their IP site data maybe?

Anyway, with just Grace, Fran, Mike and I on-line - there's 461 of us, apparently.

What joy... Say "hello" to the spiders, folks.

(Until Lori re-sets it, look at the "most guests ever" line towards the bottom of the main screen).

Cheers, J.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Nina_*
post Apr 11 05, 02:35
Post #2

That is creepy (crawly).

Nina

Guest_Toumai_*
post Apr 11 05, 02:42
Post #3

Matrix time again?  :cool:

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 11 05, 05:14
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

LOL.gif

I've seen many BOTS roaming our tiles this weekend.

Some from google, some from MSN but the big winner this morning is YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

I've just changed it back to 18.....

rofl.gif
Cleo  :pharoah:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Apr 11 05, 05:27
Post #5

Ta, Lori,

We should have a Poetry Jamming session - see how many genuine members we can put on-line!

To be or not to be
it's jam for tea.

On t'other hand...

J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 11 05, 05:29
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

We SHOULD plan a time and day for an online 'Acropolis challenge' of sorts. I agree.

If anyone has ideas - perhaps write a microstory in 30 minutes, or a specific poem form (or give a specific image and/or topic to write about in the challenge.

I could offer the Eye of Horus award for participation too?

Any takers?  :guitar:

~Cleo  :cloud9:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Apr 11 05, 05:42
Post #7

Flashing? Yippeee! Yep, count me in, Lori
Fran

Guest_Jox_*
post Apr 11 05, 06:58
Post #8

Thanks Lori...

Well,

How could I resist? If Lori and Fran are going to flash, I'll be there!

No one else need sign-up; this is my opportuntiy of a lifetime!

Lori...

Input: Please just give stimulus material, rather than a set phrase / scenario. (I think Fran may be a vetran-flasher so could suggest an approach).

Output: The specific form or microstory approach is great idea for the output.

(small print - subject to time etc)

MM Flash-Jam!

Yummy.

J.

Guest_Nina_*
post Apr 11 05, 08:50
Post #9

Hi Lori

Sounds like fun, I don't mind giving it a try, though I'll keep my clothes on!!!

Nina

Guest_Toumai_*
post Apr 11 05, 09:14
Post #10

LOL, Lori didn't say anything about 'flashing' - that was me: sorry. Quick-writing - poetry or prose - to a given idea/stimulus - is sometimes called a 'flash.'

No, James, nudity is not necessary - though of course, in the privacy of your own office ...

And, no, I'm not a 'veteran flasher' (makes me sound like someone with a fur coat rather than a mac, lol), but I have been part of a 'real time' flash group on Writers Dock recently, and very much enjoyed it.

Once aim of the WD group is to help writers establish their 'voice' as an author; that elusive quality (that actually comes from a great deal of practice) that is constant no matter whether writing a novel, of whatever genre, short story and possibly even poetry.

Flashing also excercises the imagination, and helps beat writer's block.

Fran

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 31 05, 09:02
Post #11

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

The bugs were back again last night - so I've put it back to 26....

Whip.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Jul 31 05, 09:17
Post #12

While you all are brain busting, perhaps you please could suggest a subject worthy of 98 lines of iambic pentameter.  I will be entering a challenge external to MM for seven, subject connected sonnets.

I am beginning to see the immenseness of the Great Wall of China.

Thanking you in advance.

A PM is okay.

Don  :gandalfg:

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 31 05, 09:23
Post #13

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hmmmm  Don. Idea.gif

Here's a few ideas:

The Rise and Fall of a Nation  - you pick the place & time (could be African (Zulu), American (Indian), European (Rome), Asia (Samurai).

Pets

Global Warming

The changes over the decades (in technology, people, things) -
each sonnet could represent one decade - start with the 1930's...

:)

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 31 05, 09:45
Post #14

Hi Don,

I think Lori is right about the chronology element.

My suggestion may be a tad cliche and everyone may attempt it (may even be the idea when the competition was set). However, for what it's worth:

The Seven Ages of Man

(William Shakespeare - Jacques in "As You Like It")

Best wishes and good luck.

James.

Guest_Don_*
post Jul 31 05, 09:54
Post #15

QUOTE (Jox @ July 31 2005, 10:45)
Hi Don,

I think Lori is right about the chronology element.

My suggestion may be a tad cliche and everyone may attempt it (may even be the idea when the competition was set). However, for what it's worth:

The Seven Ages of Man

(William Shakespeare - Jacques in "As You Like It")

Best wishes and good luck.

James.

Hi Jox,

Thanks for coming aboard.  I tend to think the assignment is similar to when a teacher wants private time and gives the class busywork.  The other aspect is few have done it and the achievement adds feathers to the teachers bonnet.

Would you name the seven stages of man?

Thanks for the reference, which I have around this house somewhere, to read.

The days of the week also come to mind.  Most are named after Nordic gods and godesses.  Like Thursday is Thor's Day and Friday is his wife's Freeda's Day.  The loose ends like Monday may be researched.

Are there any other seven stages or steps to whatever of which you know?

Don

Guest_Don_*
post Jul 31 05, 09:59
Post #16

Hi Cleo,

>>Here's a few ideas:

The Rise and Fall of a Nation  - you pick the place & time (could be African (Zulu), American (Indian), European (Rome), Asia (Samurai).

Pets

Global Warming

The changes over the decades (in technology, people, things) -
each sonnet could represent one decade - start with the 1930's... <<

Technology may be the easiest for me like the inventions that significantly changed civilization such as Horse Collar, Wheel, Steam, Electricity, Airplane, etc.

Maybe the seven wonders of the ancient world?

Thanks for your help...any more suggestions?

Don

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 31 05, 10:13
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Don! wave.gif

Now WHY didn't I think of that!

The SEVEN Wonders of the Ancient World:
*The Great Pyramid of Giza
*The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
*The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
*The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
*The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
*The Colossus of Rhodes
*The (Pharos) Lighthouse of Alexandria

With technology - you can add in microwaves, computers, phones and all the gadgets we live by today.  :upside:  :oops:  :grinning:

With W. Shakespeare - you could pick seven of his works (plays, poems) and ask the question: what makesthem similiar or dis-similiar?

detective.gif  :pharoah2

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Jul 31 05, 11:02
Post #18

Hi Don

There are the seven deadly sins:

Pride
Envy
Gluttony
Lust
Anger
Greed
Sloth

or

seven heavenly virtues

faith
hope
charity
fortitude
justice
temperance
prudence

or

seven contrary virtues

humility
kindness
abstinence
chastity
patience
liberality
diligence

Good luck with the challenge and I hope you post the results for us to read.

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 31 05, 11:09
Post #19

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

These are all wonderful ideas for Pandora too!

Cool Nina!  cool.gif  ???

Good luck DON - yes - please DO post your piece....

Artist.gif

~Cleo sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 31 05, 11:14
Post #20

Hi Don,

Here is the speech:(I have split it for easy reference)

Jacques:

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,

His acts being seven ages.

1>At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.

2>Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school.

3>And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow.

4>Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the canon's mouth.

5>And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part.

6>The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound.

7>Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Shakespeare - As You Like It (Jacques)

Cheers, J.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:14

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: