post Oct 31 15, 12:04
Post #1

Nomad

Group: Silver Member
Member No.: 5,277
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Rhapsody

Hello all
Weaver here, also a migrant from The Critical Poet which is unfortunately and sadly having to shut down. You've already met the postman below and hopefully more of the members will find their way here. I live in Canada and have been writing poetry for roughly 15 years although prior to that I studied literature and have been immersed in reading and writing since I can remember. The one thing about TCP that I will miss are the very strong and helpful critiques which potentially could be incorporated into this board if that is something people are interested in!
Hope to interact and meet you.
Cheers
W

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
posthumous
post Oct 31 15, 12:52
Post #2

Nomad

Member No.: 5,275
Referred By:Eisa

Hi, Weaver! Let's play!

weaver
post Oct 31 15, 12:55
Post #3

Nomad

Absolutely, once I find my way around the block!
Hmmmm guess I have to write something now....
sun.gif

weaver
post Oct 31 15, 12:56
Post #4

Nomad

Oops I see there is a critique forum, lovely!

posthumous
post Oct 31 15, 12:58
Post #5

Nomad

Member No.: 5,275
Referred By:Eisa

I'd been a bit stuck myself, but now some poems are escaping the cell block of my mind

weaver
post Oct 31 15, 13:06
Post #6

Nomad

Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak!

Eisa
post Oct 31 15, 18:20
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

Hi Weaver,

It's so good to see you here too and I hope you will soon settle in and feel at home. Yes! Please post a poem!

You say

'The one thing about TCP that I will miss are the very strong and helpful critiques which potentially could be incorporated into this board if that is something people are interested in!'

I thoroughly agree and can assure you that I wouldn't have stayed here for all the years if I wasn't getting good critiques. That's what we're interested in here not vanity posting. There is a forum for comments only but the 2 critique forums give you a choice of level of critique by a star system (which I'm always forgetting to use)You can place stars after your poem title - one star for mild critique, 2 for more thorough and 3 for really in depth suggestions.

Like TCP, Membership at MM has dwindled over the years. We used to be full to bursting at one time, entering IBPC every month. It's very sad to see so many poetry sites go down. I hope between us we can keep poetry alive and learn a lot from each other.

Do ask if you need to know anything at all.

Eira

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 31 15, 18:53
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello Weaver (Deb) and WELCOME TO MM! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif

I am sorry to hear about TCP. I hope you will find our forum a place where you can post your works in a friendly setting. That's always been my mission. Even though this forum too has fallen on hard times and many have left -- we still have daily posts. There isn't as much activity in the critique forums, but that can change in a flash. It's a shame that social media has drawn so many away from the forum boards. Even this board is running on an old version, but Imhotep and I keep an eye on the source code and security and software stuff so it can still operate despite its outdated software. I can always upgrade the software in time, should it become a 'deal', LOL.gif!

I look forward to reading your work! The rules are at a link below - we are far more 'relaxed' nowadays though - so do not concern yourself too much with them.

Each forum has its own 'forum participation rules' posted in a link at the top of the forums, so please read them if you'd be so kind prior to posting: click here to read them.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me, Eira (Eisa here) or any of our other staff members (AMETHYST, Arnfinn, JLY, Psyche and Imhotep). rose.gif margarita.gif mm.gif mm.gif

~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 17:02

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: