IPB
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MM Questionnaire, sent via email to all members today
Guest__*
post Jun 5 05, 13:19
Post #101

Dear Lori,

I agree with Nina, no point in changing from 25 to 30.

No objection at all to Wiz staying as it is.

Love
Alan

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Jox_*
post Jun 5 05, 14:16
Post #102

Hi Lori,

Thanks and well done, again.

Apropos the new knight - fine. At least the dragon won't die laughing now!

J.

Guest_Toumai_*
post Jun 6 05, 02:00
Post #103

Hello, all

I was rather busy this weekend and missed quite a bit on MM. All the arguments re wizard are really interesting. I can see the reason for designating it; on other sites some pieces atract 3 or 4 comments and some 20+. Here the spread of crits tends to be 'fairer' as we all want veryone to participate and tend to reply to pieces that are 'languishing' a little. Often the reason is the site is either a little busier than usual (list drops quickly) or quiet. I think one historical problem with the Wizard was it just appeared on people's work, whereas other awards were for winning a comp, or by nomination. Perhaps the new awards will make that difference fade away and we can all appreciate all.

Fran

Cleo_Serapis
post Jun 6 05, 05:23
Post #104

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Phew! I had to ask Nina what camp meant and when she told me I laughed out loud! rofl.gif That would not do !

Fran - thanks so much! I had wanted for some time to post the reason behind the Wizard.gif because I felt it needed to be said - it's all good! laugh.gif

HUGS
~Cleo galadriel.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jun 6 05, 05:30
Post #105

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I've received another survey response from our Nubian healer. Marcia - thanks so much for our chats and you are missed! We read and write for the emotional response, and look forward to having you in our midst again soon!  :sun:

Thanks for taking the time to respond!
~Cleo  :cloud9:

1. How did you find out about MM?
read your announcement while at Poem Kingdom

2. What persuaded you to join?  
went to the site and loved your original ideas

3. How long have you been a member of MM?
since the beginning

4. How often do you log onto the board? If less than once per month, what can we do to encourage you to become more active?
I have not logged on to any of the poetry sites that I belong to for several months.....no reflection on you at all. I have just come to the conclusion that much of my original work , while from the heart.....is not considered poetry because it does not conform to any standard forms of pattern or style. Forcing myself to write such structured poetry seems to cause any inspiration to just shrivel and die. As a result, I visit to read and enjoy and can post nothing original. Feel like an outsider of sorts.....most of the membership hardly knows my name except from my occasional comments. I did read and vote and  comment and enjoy.....but felt I was contributing nothing......Is this enough?  Still don't know the answer. You tell me.....is this enough ? Do you value a member who rarely posts poetry?

Marcia - we write here to be read, to seek an emotional response, not necessarily to refine the beat of a structured poem (although we do try to help with our comments for the formalist poets on MM). We are at a crossroads - a new beginning here and you are MOST welcome to come join the party! Miss you! PartyFavor.gif

5. What do you enjoy most about MM?
reading and appreciating the amazing poetry .

6. What do you like least about MM?
the site is wonderful. I love it all. What I like least on all poetry sites is conflict among members.....

7. Do you find the staff and other members friendly and helpful? If not, please explain why.  
They have all been wonderful to me. No complaints at all. In fact, I love how dedicated you are to the site. You respond to problems so quickly. Other sites I have known, the creater/moderator was away  too much of the time.

8. Do you find the board easy to navigate? If not, what changes would you like to see?
not bad

9. Do you have any suggestions for improvements on MM?
none at the moment

10. As an active member, have you at any time read the rules (Terms of Use and forum participation rules) of MM?
yes

11. Had you read them before/while registering or sometime after active posting?
yes

12. Are the critiques given thoughtfully written, constructive and positive? If not, please explain why.
those who have knowledge are very helpful and those who are new to poetry make wonderful comments and attempt to be helpful by voicing opinion. Both are valuable to me. It bothers me when members complain about the quality of critique they receive......people give what they can....

13. When receiving critique and feedback in a poetry forum, does it interfere with your process of improvement for the poem at hand if another member posts their own poetry into your tile?
no

14. When receiving critique and feedback, does it interfere with your process of improvement to your poem or story if others become involved in an unrelated discussion?
absolutely not......I enjoy the conversation and exchange of thoughts.

15. Do you have any other comments (especially any which would help us to improve MM)?
Just keep your standards high.....you are doing well, I think. Your site has become one of my favorites. My biggest suggestion, after traveling through MANY sites, is not to allow poetry snobbery that borderlines on verbal abuse to invade your site. It is the BIGGEST turn-off. No one person knows it all and should condemn another's honest effort. Gentle criticism which is tempered with respect for the person is the only critique which should be allowed. EVER ! IMHO

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Jun 6 05, 06:04
Post #106

Hi Marcia!

(I do know your name)

I have been sad not to see you very on MM much in rcent times. I read your comments and was a tad perplexed:

>M>I have not logged on to any of the poetry sites that I belong to for several months.....no reflection on you at all. I have just come to the conclusion that much of my original work , while from the heart.....is not considered poetry because it does not conform to any standard forms of pattern or style. Forcing myself to write such structured poetry seems to cause any inspiration to just shrivel and die. As a result, I visit to read and enjoy and can post nothing original.

Marcia, much of my work is the same. I do dip my toe in various styles (especially rhyming) from time-to-time but for the most part I write, ignore styles and even try to do different things sometimes.

I just knoiw I am going to miss some names - so BIG apologies but look at my work, Nina's, Daniel's freeform, Larry's freeform, Lori's freeform, Fran's (Toumai), Mike's (Billydo), Alan's and so on...

MM is a big place for R&M but it is also a big place for freeform and experimental (mind you we even have experimentalists in R&M - Daniel, Ron, Lori et al).

>M> Feel like an outsider of sorts.....most of the membership hardly knows my name except from my occasional comments.

That is bound to follow if you feel unable to join in. You're not an outside, of course - far from it - but you will feel that way if not inter-acting.

>M> I did read and vote and  comment and enjoy.....but felt I was contributing nothing......Is this enough?  Still don't know the answer. You tell me.....is this enough ? Do you value a member who rarely posts poetry?

I certainly do and I'm sure others do, too. However, it seems a tremendous shame. Might I ask you to start posting a few of your "poetry that is not considered poetry" pieces? If you think people will say it is prose, why not explain why you think it's poetry.

I have my own definition of poetry and am convinced that all other definitions are wrong (see I'm pig-headed). It's this: poetry is what a writer says it is. So if you write it and say it's poetry, that's easily good enough for the likes of me.

Please remain on MM - but please consider posting, too.

Thanks! James.

Guest_Jox_*
post Jun 6 05, 06:08
Post #107

Hi Lori,

Camping it up...

Yes, it would be a shame to turn MM into a knights' en-camp-ment.

Thanks Nina for the explanation.

Sorry, I didn't realise it was Brit-slang. Apologies - but glad for the chuckles (= laughs).

J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Jun 7 05, 05:28
Post #108

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hello everyone!  :wave:

Well, I've heard from some to the positive regarding the four new awards mentioned on Page 6 - so I will implement them beginning with posts from June 1st forward in Herme's Homilies, Seren's Synapse, Stonehenge and Loch Ness.

For now, the Wizard award will remain as it was...

Thanks all! cheer.gif
~Cleo galadriel.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 15:47

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: