jerryk
post Oct 26 14, 18:17
Post #1

Egyptian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 4,480
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Larry, Sylvia,
thanks for your your thoughts. I might as well tell you; I am struggling with Parkinson's tremor's that make typing a bit difficult for me, and therefore my previous announcement. It seems that I had to boost my medication to overcome the worst of those tremors. Otherwise, I'm fine. I still fraternize with those flighty muses, even wield my paint brushes. In spite of my woes, life is still productive and worth living. Sylvia, I'll be "entertaining" you again, soon, lol. Thanks, and hasta luego, my friends. IndianChief.gif
Jerry

Oct. 19, 2014

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Larry
post Oct 26 14, 22:59
Post #2

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 446
Referred By:Just wondered in.

That's sad Jerry,

I'd wait until I saw a sunset across the Sonoran desert and felt nothing stirring inside before I finalized that decision.

If that is the final decision, let me leave you with this thought:

Poetry has been to me its own exceeding great reward: it has given me the habit of wishing to discover
the good and beautiful in all that meets and surrounds me. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Larry

·······IPB·······

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Kindness is a seed sown by the gentlest hand, growing care's flowers.
Larry D. Jennings

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Oct 29 14, 00:06
Post #3

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

QUOTE (jerryk @ Oct 26 14, 21:17 ) *
I've decided to say good-bye to poetry. Be well,
Jerry

Ouch! Do you really mean that? Because you bade us farewell on the FV section, but then you returned.

You're such a good poet, as well as a good person. These halls will be filled with echoes and ghosts!! Can one take decisions of that sort? Poetry blossoms with each season...Autumn golds will sprout from your pen if the muses dictate it.

I hope you just mean that you'll be posting on some other sites. If so, I'll catch up with you some day...LOL...

Hasta pronto, sun.gif
Sylvia

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

jerryk
post Oct 29 14, 08:16
Post #4

Egyptian

QUOTE (Psyche @ Oct 28 14, 22:06 ) *
Ouch! Do you really mean that? Because you bade us farewell on the FV section, but then you returned.

You're such a good poet, as well as a good person. These halls will be filled with echoes and ghosts!! Can one take decisions of that sort? Poetry blossoms with each season...Autumn golds will sprout from your pen if the muses dictate it.

I hope you just mean that you'll be posting on some other sites. If so, I'll catch up with you some day...LOL...

Hasta pronto, sun.gif
Sylvia

Larry, Sylvia,
thanks for your your thoughts. I might as well tell you; I am struggling with Parkinson's tremor's that make typing a bit difficult for me, and therefore my previous announcement. It seems that I had to boost my medication to overcome the worst of those tremors. Otherwise, I'm fine. I still fraternize with those flighty muses, even wield my paint brushes. In spite of my woes, life is still productive and worth living. Sylvia, I'll be "entertaining" you again, soon, lol. Thanks, and hasta luego, my friends. IndianChief.gif
Jerry

Psyche
post Nov 7 14, 14:35
Post #5

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

So glad you just needed more medication, Jerry. Hope you continue to write your great poetry for many years to come!

Cheers, Syl***

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

jerryk
post Nov 17 15, 08:05
Post #6

Egyptian

QUOTE (Psyche @ Nov 7 14, 12:35 ) *
So glad you just needed more medication, Jerry. Hope you continue to write your great poetry for many years to come!

Cheers, Syl***

Hello there, Sylvia;
I just want to acknowledge your note dated Nov 7 14. Sorry, it's a little late, but better late than never, lol. Well, Parkinson's actually doesn't kill; it's the side effects it invites that might weaken the body-- So far, so good; the last checkup caused my doctor to say that I have the heart of a 26 year old, lol. So, as an organ donor I will bequeath my heart to some lucky youngster in need of a fine heart-- I had my 81st birthday back in October and feel fit enough to celebrate several more. I hope you are well; thanks for your last update, and I wish you my very best, :)
Jerry

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:09

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: